SCLT & Local
- Sitka Tribe of Alaska and the Sitka Community Land Trust and Announce a New Name for Sitka's Affordable Housing Community on Halibut Point Road: Sitka Tribe of Alaska (STA) and the Sitka Community Land Trust (SCLT) are proud to announce the renaming of SCLT's new affordable housing community located at 1306 Halibut Point Road with the Tlingit name “S'us' Héeni Sháak" Community. With staff support from STA Culture and Community Liaison, Daanax.ilséik Chuck Miller, and STA Tribal Community Elder Coordinator, Xannie Borseth, the name was discussed and recommended by STA's Cultural Resource Committee (CRC), a group of Tlingit elders and culture bearers who gather for regular monthly meetings. S'us' Héeni Sháak refers to the watershed area around S’us’ Héeni (Harlequin Duck Creek/Cascade Creek) on which the SCLT land is located. more (PDF file)
- Regular Meeting: The Sitka Community Land Trust will hold its next regular meeting Monday, October 19th, 6:30-8:30pm, on a Zoom call. The public is encouraged to attend. The SCLT is a non-profit organization that relies on community support and participation. For more information about joining the virtual meeting, contact Mim McConnell at 738-2888.
- House Prices:
Property Designs. Construction will begin for a home after a SCLT qualified buyer has a pre-qualification letter from their lender. Once we have that, we take it to our lender for a construction loan and schedule construction. Federal loans such as USDA Rural development and VA will necessitate having a back-up buyer before construction begins. House Plans
- Mighty Mouse House/1 bed/1 bath/480 sqft: $159,000.
- 2-bedroom with Master bdrm and loft/1 bath/670+300 loft sqft: $TBD.
- 2-bedroom/1.5 bath/936 sqft: $226,800.
- 3-bedroom/1.5 bath/1,344 sqft: $259,000.
S'us' Héeni Sháak Community
SCLT 1 BDRM Mighty Mouse House
SCLT 2 BDRM with stairs to loft
SCLT 2 Bedroom House
SCLT 3 Bedroom House
GIS Map of Neighborhood