Own a home in Sitka using this homebuying step-by-step process:
- Are you Eligible? Review the eligibility criteria.
- Review the Steps to Apply Review the following steps listed below.
- Watch a Video to learn more about Community Land Trusts.
- Pickup/Download a SCLT Application The application is also available at our preferred lenders: First Bank, First National Bank Alaska, ALPS Federal Credit Union, USDA Rural Development.
- Meet with Lender The lender will help you determine whether you meet the SCLT income requirements; determine whether you qualify for a mortgage; provide information on financial assistance available; provide information on the Sitka Community Land Trust program; and provide you with a pre-qualification letter.
- Homebuyer Education Before you Buy: Meet with SCLT Staff. After completing the SCLT application, an interview with staff is held. AHFC HomeChoice™ Certification is achieved. This is a free 8 hour Home Buyer Education Class. It can also be a home study course if classes are not available. After you Buy: Work with Staff. We'll help you succeed with access to classes!
- Close the Deal The selection process will conclude with a lottery. Sign the CLT Ground Lease and the deed to the home is transferred to you. Congratulations, you are a homeowner!
125 Lillian Drive
125 Lillian Drive house plans
GIS Map - Lillian Drive park
SCLT Qualifications and Housing Application
SCLT Homebuyer Brochure